Dimethyl Isosorbide (DMI) is a high purity solvent and carrier which offers a safe, effective delivery enhancement mechanism for active ingredients in personal care products. Sunless tanners, facial and eye-zone treatments, skin serums, anti-acne formulations and make-up removers are just some of the products whose performance can be improved with the use of Dimethyl Isosorbide (DMI) in formulation.
In addition to improving performance, its use as an epidermal penetration enhancer which allows formulators to reduce the amount of actives required to achieve effects, resulting in reduced formulation costs, and lower skin irritation with aggressive active ingredients.
- Enhanced penetration of actives to the epidermis, reaching areas that would otherwise go untreated
- Improved shelf stability of active ingredients, including actives susceptible to hydrolysis and transesterification
- Miscibility in water, most organic solvents and non-ionic surfactants
- The ability to transport water soluble actives into skin without recrystallization of the active ingredient
- Purity: 99.5%
- Soluble in water, cottonseed oil, isopropanol, isopropyl myristate, propylene glycol, polysorbate 20, and polysorbate 80
- Recommended usage: 1 - 10%. DO NOT use undiluted.
Ingredients: Dimethyl Isorsobide